Charles B. Johnson, a Finnish immigrant, sailed the world on a 4 masted scooner before coming to America and settling in Chicago, IL. He attended The Art Institute of Chicago and became a renowned local watercolor artist, popular in Scandinavian neighborhoods. In 1933 Charles began painting signs in Chicago and started a business that remains in operation more than 75 years later, C. Johnson Sign Co. In 1954 Charles moved his business and his family to Franklin Park to it's current location, 9615 Waveland Ave. In 1970, his son, John C. Johnson, took over the business, giving his father the opportunity to become a snowbird and continue his painting in Florida, Texas and Mexico. Charles would return when the weather warmed up to letter boats in the harbor & boatyards down in Chicago and when he wasn't busy, he helped John at the shop. Elmhurst College alumni and Coast Guard Auxiliary National Staff Division Chief, John Johnson has kept the tradition going of designing, manufacturing and installing quality custom business signs. The business has expanded to include custom industrial stencils and residential signage. All of our signs are custom designed and built for clients' specific requirements. Prices are quoted for each project to ensure optimal cost benefits. C. Johnson Sign Co. is fully bonded & insured and a member of the Illinois Sign Association, an authorized Daktronics factory service center, and an authorized Whitehall retailer (including full installation service for mailboxes & address plaques).